Wednesday 27 October 2010

Korie Lucious, Michigan State Guard, Suspended 2-4 Games

Filed under: , ,

Korie Lucious suspendedKorie Lucious, who was charged with drunken driving in August, will have to serve some time on the sidelines during the Michigan State basketball season. Spartans coach Tom Izzo told reporters after practice Monday. The junior guard will have to miss at least one regular season game and up to four games total -- including exhibition games. Izzo indicated the punishment will ultimately be somewhere from two to four games and will include at least one exhibition and one regular-season contest.

Reportedly, the suspension will be timed around injury issues -- such as with fellow guard Kalin Lucas, who is coming off a torn Achilles tendon -- and Lucious will certainly be making the trip with his team to the Maui Invitational.

"But I don't want the penalty not to fit the crime, too," Izzo told reporters. "I'm trying to understand that."

"I know I'm going to miss some," Lucious told the Grand Rapids Press. "At the same time, I know the reason for it, and I'm just going to sit out and cheer my teammates on, no matter how many games it is. But when I come back, I'll be ready to play."

Source: http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2010/10/26/korie-lucious-suspended-for-2-4-games/

Volleyball Golf Tennis Athletics

No comments:

Post a Comment