Sunday 24 October 2010

Rotterdam 2010: WAG Prelims Wrap-Up

Houston, we have a scrunchy-nosed laugh!

Visit gymnastike.org for more Videos

Blythe Lawrence has some additional quotes:

[Lauren] noted that before the meet, a judge asked Peggy Liddick how Liddick thought they would do. "224," Liddick said. And indeed, Australia came up with a 224. So Liddick was pleased that her gymnasts met expectations, Mitchell said.

Mitchell said that she feels a bit more like a team leader, given her Olympic and World Championships experience. "I kind of help guide them," she said of her younger teammates. She remembers what it's like to be new on a team and feel like an outsider.

"2007 was kind of a funny year for me," she said. "Even though I was selected for the World team, I didn't feel like part of the gymnastics world. I didn't feel like I really belonged. Then I made beam finals, and I was like, 'oh, maybe I do really belong out here.'"


After one day of qualifications, Australia's sitting in 5th place in the team rankings. A team finals slot looks VERY very real. As does a spot for Lauren in the all-around final. We won't know final standings until the last session (again kicking off this evening) is completed so... hold tight til tomorrow, I guess. Commonwealth rivals Great Britain are currently sitting above Aus, talk about awkwardness!

Read GA's wrap-up here.

Photos from DayLife:






Photos from Couch Gymnast:








Struttin' like a boss.

Source: http://ozgymnastics.blogspot.com/2010/10/rotterdam-2010-wag-prelims-wrap-up.html

Soccer Ice Hockey Volleyball Golf

No comments:

Post a Comment